Garden Suburb Early Learning Centre
Izzat was engaged by Bourne Blue Architecture to assist with design of the new Garden Suburb Early Learning Centre. Izzat carried out Structural, Stormwater and Civil Design (including Erosion Control documentation), in addition to undertaking regular inspections throughout the construction process for quality control purposes.
The project consisted of separate buildings catering to different age groups (nursery, toddler, and preschool), and the construction consisted of:
- Carpark pavement.
- Concrete slabs on ground.
- Blockwork subfloor walls and detention tanks.
- Blockwork retaining walls.
- Ultrafloor suspended concrete floors.
- Steel and timber framing.
- Stormwater controls for the roof, carpark and external grounds.
- The design featured an elevated steel and timber viewing deck which doubles as wheelchair access between the toddler and preschool facilities.
Architect: Bourne Blue Architecture
Photos: © Bourne Blue Architecture